DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF CORDOBA’S MEZQUITA AND JEWISH QUARTER, TASTING BEAUTIFUL WINES AND TAPAS FROM SOUTHERN SPAIN!
98€ PER PERSON
Discover the most emblematic monument in the medieval city of Cordoba and the beautiful Jewish Quarter on this exciting walking tour of the city’s historical district.
Under the guidance of two locals (a history expert and foodie guide), your group will first visit the Mezquita (Mosque-Cathedral) of Cordoba, one of the most visited monuments in Spain. The original mosque was constructed in the 8th century, becoming the second largest mosque in the world. In 1236, when Cordoba returned to Christian rule during the Reconquista, the building was converted into a Roman Catholic Church. A Renaissance cathedral nave was inserted in the 16th century. You’ll learn about Arabic culture and the many ways in which it has influenced Cordoban architecture, history and cuisine.
As you stroll through the thick forest of columns and arches, your guide will point out some of the building’s most important features: the Maqsura, the Mihrab and the chorus near the Mayor Chapel. After the historical tour your group will stop at two or three local wine bars to taste some of the region’s most well known labels with some delicious Cordoban tapas.
FOOD & DRINKS INCLUDED
- 3 Classic Cordoban dishes
- 3 beverages from a selection of wine, beer or sherry
- Meet your two expert local guides.
- Guided walking tour of the Jewish Quarter.
- Guided walking tour of the Mezquita.
- Tasting of classic Cordoban dishes at a two popular wine bars.
- Explanation of the background and production of the sherry wine
- End of tour. Your guide will be happy to answer any questions about the remainder of your stay in Cordoba.
NO. OF PARTICIPANTS
Small groups of up to 12 people, ensuring personalized attention from the guide and fellow travelers.
THE PRICE INCLUDES
2 expert local guides: historical guide and foodie guide
Guided tour of Cordoba’s Mezquita and Jewish Quarter with Historian Guide
Visit to two or three of my favorite wine bars in the historical district
3 Classic Cordoban dishes
3 drinks (Andalusian wine, beer or sherry)
Monday to Sunday at 10:00 am
Pick up at Hotel or Puerta del Perdón (outside the Door of Forgiveness, the one in the tower)
* Vegetarian and vegan options available.
* Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) at the time of booking
* This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
* A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please contact Diego: +34 610734488